Who We Are
Oromia Foundation was established in 2016 as a not-for-profit organization to assist newly arriving Oromo immigrants to the US to soft-land, integrate and become proud and productive US residents. With the 2018 change of government in Ethiopia, Oromia Foundation expanded its mandate to respond to Oromia’s emerging priority development challenges.
Oromia Foundation’s vision is to see a well-developed Oromia where its people achieve their fullest potential.
Oromia Foundation’s mission is to build the capacity of the Oromo people which in turn guarantees better-quality life.
- Honesty and Integrity: We always keep our words and demonstrate the same in our actions at all times. We live to the highest standards of honesty and dependability. We never compromise our reputation and always act only in the best interests of Oromo.
- Accountability: We take personal responsibility for and religiously guard the interest of and the trust and resources our stakeholders and the public place in us.
- Creativity: We take calculated risks, embrace change, constantly scan for opportunities and innovate to successfully achieve our organizational goals and objectives.
- Ambition: We relentlessly strive to be the best in what we do at all times. We strongly believe no amount of explanations or rationales justify failure.
- Collaboration: We respect and value each other, thrive on our diversity, and work with partners to leverage our strength to influence positive change for the better.
- Tolerance: We intensely listen, always welcome different points of view, and respectfully share our thoughts. We strongly believe in the proverb that “two minds are always better than one.”